The KÄRCHER Triathlon complies with the ITU competition rules for age group races
Please find specific rules and regulations for the KÄRCHER Triathlon below:
- Spectators are welcome in the start and finish area and at the beach, however not on the bike or run course, except for residents and their guests.
- The Participant has practiced sufficiently for the event and is physically well.
- Paramedics and/or the Organization are authorized to take the Participant out of the Competition when noticing an indication of any deterioration to the Participant’s health.
- Drafting while biking is illegal (4 minute time penalty on first notice and disqualification on second notice).
- Bikes have to comply with ITU rules, disk wheels are allowed.
- The Participant will use sufficient and safe equipment and wear appropriate clothing during the Competition
- A proper bike helmet (properly fixed) is mandatory.
- Shorts, shirts and/or tops are required during the bike and run, the participants torso should be covered all all times during the bike and run (penalty is disqualification).
- No headphones, earphones etc., for your safety and that of others (penalty is disqualification)
- Walk/Run over the red timing mats, NO biking over the timing mats!
- Return your timing chip at the finish line.
- The medical staff and/or race director can take any athlete out of the race if, in their opinion, there is bad sportsmanship or a serious medical risk in continuing the race.
- ITU/USAT rules allow wetsuits up until 79 degrees F (26C). Typical Curacao water temperatures are around 80-82 degrees F. The swim is therefore declared a non-wetsuit swim.
- DO NOT LITTER. Please drop your water bags, gels etc. in the garbage bins and designated area’s (penalty is disqualification). Please respect this rule, since we want to come back next year.
- The Participant agrees that personal data ie. email addresses may be used in connection with future endurance events in Curaçao and assures that the information provided is correct. Personal data will be saved electronically.
- Once registered for this event the Participant has the obligation to pay the registration fee. The registration fee will non-refundable without exception
- KÄRCHER Triathlon and the organizational committee reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at the event, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. The organization may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by the organizaiton including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- Any person participating or attending the event who does not wish to have their image photographed or recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers.
Considering to participate in the Karcher Triathlon on 25 May 2019 at Santa Barbara, Curacao? Or just curious about how the athletes are preparing? Then join the club to follow your fellow triathletes and motivate each other in the preparation! Also we from TEC will provide you with the latest information about the event, as well as inform you about training rides, course exploration events etc.
Join our Karcher Triathlon STRAVA group!